After their superhero drama “Ra.One”, director Anubhav Sinha has once again collaborated with superstar Shah Rukh Khan. This time they have come together for a concert, through which they will raise funds for the welfare of distressed farmers of the country.
Shah Rukh will perform at the fundraiser ‘Son of Soil’ for the benefit of farmers, who have been committing suicide due to drought-like conditions and lack of funds. The three-hour long concert will be held on November 28, but Sinha has to zero in on the venue, read a statement.
“It will be either Delhi NCR or Mumbai. It depends on which city rakes up maximum funds,” said the “Gulaab Gang” director.
- Shah Rukh Khan thanks Salman Khan for making Zero dream come alive
- Shah Rukh Khan has been one of my best experiences in cinema: Karan Johar
- Shah Rukh Khan’s SASSY REPLY to a troll for staying mum on social issues gets a big THUMBS UP!
- I would love to work with Shah Rukh Khan again: Anubhav Sinha
- Why Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra.One director turned producer?
- Without Shah Rukh,’Ra. One’ wouldn’t have happened: Sinha
Besides Bollywood’s ‘Badshah’, music composer duo Vishal-Shekhar, singer Ankit Tiwari and actor-anchor Manish Paul have agreed to be a part of this event. Other celebrities are expected to join in soon.
“The idea is to get influential stakeholders signed on to create a nationwide awareness about this problem,” Sinha said.
In addition to this, Sinha will also film a live documentary on the entire concert and the workings behind-the-scenes.
The 50-year-old filmmaker hasn’t met the farmers yet, but has formulated a disbursal committee, comprising of senior journalists and finance experts, to oversee the fund transfers to farmers.