Five time National Award-winning actress Shabana Azmi turned 65 today and thanked her fans for their love over the years.
The actress received birthday greetings not just from her admirers all over the world but also from the film industry with celebrities like Priyanka Chopra, Dia Mirza and others taking to Twitter to wish her.
“I am overwhelmed by the love and affection of birthday greetings pouring in already. Feel loved and respected. Thank you all u r my strength,” Shabana posted on her Twitter page.
“Happy bday @AzmiShabana! My favourite… Always look up to you so much! Lots of love,” Priyanka, who is currently in the US, tweeted.
- Inside Shabana Azmi’s Eid party: Shilpa Shetty, Dia Mirza, Anil Kapoor and Aditi Rao Hydari in attendance
- Shabana Azmi gets Mother’s Day gifts from onscreen daughter Sonam Kapoor
- Rishi Kapoor, Shabana Azmi wish ‘ageless’, ‘inspiring’ Rekha a happy birthday
- Divya Dutta’s birthday made ‘very special’ by Shabana Azmi
- Shabana Azmi is my favourite: Priyanka Chopra
- Sridevi turns 52: Shabana Azmi, Satish Kaushik wish her a ‘glorious year’
Dia wrote, “Happy Birthday @AzmiShabana. You are awesome and I am grateful to have your humanity inspire me.”
“Happy Bday @AzmiShabana You are always loved admired… My absolutely fave actor!!,” Huma Qureshi tweeted.
Shabana, who is married to Javed Akhtar, started her career with Shyam Benegal’s directorial debut “Ankur” in 1974 and soon became one of the leading actresses of parallel cinema.
Her performances in films in a variety of genres have earned her praise and awards, which include a record five National Film Award wins for best actress.
In her more than four decade long career, Shabana has appeared in over 100 films in mainstream and independent cinema.
She will be seen next in Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-starrer “Jazbaa”, which hit theatres next month.