Actress-singer Priyanka Chopra says Shabana Azmi, who turned 65 today, is her inspiration in the showbiz world.
Priyanka, who is currently in the US, posted on Twitter:
Happy bday @AzmiShabana !!! My favourite.. Always look up to u so much! Lots of love
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) September 18, 2015
//platform.twitter.com/widgets.jsShabana, the wife of noted lyricist Javed Akhtar, started her career with Shyam Benegal’s directoria debut “Ankur” in 1974 and soon became one of the leading actresses of Parallel Cinema. Her performances in films in a variety of genres have generally earned her praise and awards, which include a record of five wins of the National Film Award for best actress and several international honours. Actress-producer Dia Happy wrote:
— Dia Mirza (@deespeak) September 18, 2015
The “Masoom” actress was happy to see the reponse.
“Am overwhelmed by the love and affection of birthday greetings pouring in already. Feel loved and respected. Thanku all you are my strength.”
- Priyanka Chopra gives a sneak-peek into Delhi schedule of The Sky is Pink
- Have you seen these photos of Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra and Lisa Haydon?
- Priyanka Chopra ‘really excited’ about Meghan Markle’s pregnancy
- Priyanka Chopra’s birthday kiss for Nick Jonas is adorable
- Films very important medium of communication: Shabana Azmi
- Shabana Azmi turns 65, thanks fans for their support
In her more than four decade long career, Shabana has appeared in over 120 Hindi and Bengali films in both mainstream and independent cinema.
She will be seen next in Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-starrer “Jazbaa”, which hit theatres next month.