Bollywood superstar Salman Khan‘s “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” is proving its mettle at box office and is continuously breaking records. The film has collected Rs.197.77 crore in just eight days since its release on July 17 and is expected to cross the Rs.200 crore mark on Saturday.
After collecting Rs.184.62 crore in its opening week, the Kabir Khan directorial continued its magic run on Friday by minting Rs.13.15 crore, thus taking its cumulative total to Rs.197.77 crore, the spokesperson of the film said.
- Race 3 joins list of Salman Khan’s top Eid weekend openers
- After Race 3 gets a grand opening, here’s looking back at opening day collections of Salman Khan’s Eid releases
- Before Race 3, here is how Salman Khan’s last five films cruised to the top
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan crosses the Rs 250 crore mark in China
- Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan earns Rs 150 crore in China in just 9 days
- Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan crosses Rs 50 crore mark in China
The film has already left behind Aamir Khan’s “PK” (Rs.183.09 crore) and Shah Rukh Khan’s “Happy New Year” (Rs.157.57 crore) in terms of first week collection and might cross the Rs.200 crore on Saturday, according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
“#BajrangiBhaijaan continues its SUPREMACY. Will cross Rs.200 cr nett today (Saturday; Day 9). Week 2: Fri 13.15 cr. Total: Rs.197.77 cr. AMAZING,” Adarsh posted on Twitter.
#BajrangiBhaijaan continues its SUPREMACY. Will cross ₹ 200 cr nett today [Sat; Day 9]. Week 2: Fri 13.15 cr. Total: ₹ 197.77 cr. AMAZING!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 25, 2015
The film, which focusses on the bond shared by a Pakistani mute girl and an Indian man, also stars Kareena Kapoor Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and child artist Harshali Malhotra.