Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha, who has also lent her support to Salman Khan after his five years sentencing in hit-and-run case, was angry after Abhijeet tagged her in his ‘people sleeping on roads’ tweets.
An agitated Sonakshi Sinha asked Abhijeet to not tag her in such tweets.
I support my friend but i would never support such insensitive and negative talk. Please dont tag me in ur tweets @abhijeetsinger sir.
— Sonakshi Sinha (@sonakshisinha) May 6, 2015
Union Minister Babul Supriyo also came down heavily on Bollywood singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya for his comments criticising people sleeping on roads, in the wake of superstar Salman Khan getting a five-year jail term for the 2002 hit-and-run case.
“I definitely don’t support his views since being the union minister of state for urban development, I know the context in which people sleep on the streets.
“I would like to clarify in person in what context he said this. This is not from a sane state of mind,” Supriyo, the singer-turned-minister of state for urban development, and for housing and urban poverty alleviation, told a TV channel.
Amid tweets from fans and Bollywood celebrities after Salman’s conviction, Abhijeet said roads were meant for cars and dogs and not for people to sleep on.
The singer took to the micro-blogging website to share a series of tweets after Additional Sessions Judge D.W. Deshpande on Wednesday announced the verdict in a packed courtroom.
- Have you seen these pictures of Divyanka Tripathi, Salman Khan and Taapsee Pannu?
- Da-Bangg Reloaded: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Jacqueline Fernandez enthrall the audience
- Iulia Vantur, Sonakshi Sinha, Suniel Shetty and others visit Salman Khan, see photos
- Salman Khan blackbuck poaching case verdict: Malaika Arora, Sonakshi Sinha and others visit the Khan family
- Rishi Kapoor slams Abhijeet over ‘insensitive’ tweets after Salman Khan verdict
- Salman Khan verdict: Friends Farah Khan Ali and Abhijeet Bhattacharya blame people sleeping on roads
“Kutta rd pe soyega kutte ki maut marega, roads garib ke baap ki nahi hai (If a dog sleeps on the road, he’ll die a dog’s death. Roads are not poor people’s property) I ws homles an year nvr slept on rd @BeingSalmanKhan @sonakshisinha (sic),” he tweeted.
“Roads are meant for cars and dogs not for people sleeping on them.. @BeingSalmanKhan is not at fault at all…@arbaazSkhan @sonakshisinha”.
The singer even urged the film industry to come out and support Salman.
“Come out fraternity, support @BeingSalmanKhan boldly not hypocriticly Roads footpath r not meant 4 sleeping, not driver’s or alcohol’s fault,” he tweeted. (With IANS inputs)