Sooraj Pancholi, who is making his acting debut with “Hero”, got emotional after the trailer launch here today.
Superstar Salman Khan is launching Sooraj, son of Aditya Pancholi, in the film, which is a remake of the superhit1983 movie.
After the trailer launch, when Sooraj came on the stage he had tears in his eyes and he hugged Salman.
The “Dabangg” star too got a bit emotional. The leading lady, Athiya Shetty, daughter of actor Suneil Shetty, appeared confident.
- Professional, yet amazing: Sooraj Pancholi on working with his father in ‘Hero’
- Can’t let Salman Khan down: Sooraj Pancholi
- I told my son Sooraj not to follow my footsteps: Aditya Pancholi
- Salman Khan has been a rock to Sooraj Pancholi : Suniel Shetty
- Sooraj Pancholi: Becoming an actor was not on my mind
- Salman Khan introduces Athiya Shetty, Sooraj Pancholi in ‘Hero’: Watch trailer
“This is our heroine (pointing to Sooraj) and this is our hero (pointing to Athiya),” Salman said jokingly.
Sooraj said, “I am sorry for that.”
When asked what made him emotional, Sooraj said, “It’s a dream launch for me. I couldn’t have asked for anything better than this. There are so many people who want to become actors but are not able to make it. I am glad I got this opportunity.”
The trailer shows Sooraj as a rough and fierce guy and Athiya as a fun-loving girl.
The film is a remake of Subhash Ghai’s 1983 film which featured Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Seshadri. The remake is produced by Salman and Subhash Ghai and is slated for release on September 4.