Actresses like Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut might have rued over less or unequal pay for female actors than their male counterparts, but superstar Salman Khan, who has now been acclaimed as the highest paid actor in Bollywood, rubbishes this topic.
According to a report published in Hindustan Times, the ‘Dabangg’ Khan opines that all this discussion over unequal pay for the actresses in b******t talk. Salman Khan says, “The question is, who is pulling those people into a theatre? If a female star is getting those many people and the producer is making money, the exhibitor and distributor are all making money, then obviously they (female actors) will get that much money … but if it’s a male star, then he will get it.”
- Childhood photos of Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and other Bollywood stars
- Before Thugs of Hindostan, all the times when Amitabh Bachchan worked with the Khans of Bollywood
- Navratri 2018 colours: Take inspiration from Bollywood celebs to ace your Navratri look
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to MAMI film festival
- Kangana Ranaut says she deserves high remuneration
- Leading Ladies
Adding to his strong statement, Salman quipped, “There are so many male stars who get a lot less than many female stars … there are male stars in the Rs 1 to 3 crore bracket, and there are lots of female stars in the Rs 5 to 7 crore bracket … that’s also there, right? Uske bare mein koi kyun nahi bolta? So this whole female stars-male stars debate is bulls**t. Whoever is selling, and as much he or she is selling, will get that much.”
Wonder what the actresses have to say now.