“It’s a Sooraj Barjatya film so there is excitement. I am excited to see it. He is a great director, he has made some path-breaking films. He has changed the way films are made in India. He has huge fans,” Kapoor told PTI in an interview here.
“People like Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar are completely inspired by his (Barjatya’s) kind of filmmaking. He changed the way marriages are celebrated in India. He got the whole value, family system back which is the fabric of India. He has contributed a lot to this country,” Kapoor said.
“Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”, the family drama directed by Sooraj Barjatya, has Salman in a double role. It is one of the most awaited films of the year considering that Barjatya and Salman have earlier given blockbusters together and they are coming back together after a very long time.
Sonam and Salman had earlier shared screen space in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Sawaariya”.
“She was opposite Ranbir Kapoor (in “Sawaariya”). I think both (Salman and Sonam) are really good looking people… I think they look great together. I hope people like them,” the 58-year old actor said.
“Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”, also starring Neil Nitin Mukesh and Swara Bhaskar, is slated to release on November 12.
While Anil is excited about Sonam’s upcoming film, he is reluctant to talk about his son Harshvardhan Kapoor, who marks his acting debut with “Mirziya”.
Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, “Mirziya” is a contemporary adaptation of the tragic love story of the legendary Mirza and Sahiba. The film’s screenplay is written by Gulzar.
“I don’t want to say anything about my son… it is too early. I am not going to say anything, when the time is right… we will talk. Let his work speak,” he said.
Anil is also excited about his sequel to “No Entry” and his television show “24”. Besides this, he has a couple of films on home production front.
“We are producing ‘Battle for Bittora’ and there is another film which we can’t talk about as we are working on the script. As of now we are focusing on ’24’. ‘Saat
Hindustani’ has been put on hold,” Kapoor said.
On reports that Pakistani actor Fawad Khan has been replaced by Farhan Akhtar in “Battle for Bittora”, he said, “Just wait and watch.”
Meanwhile, Anil is happy with the success of his latest release “Welcome Back”.
“I am really happy with the response we are getting for the film. It is a huge franchise and people have showed their love towards the film and our characters,” he said.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines