Audiences and critics are eagerly waiting to see just what kind of magic Salman Khan will bring to the screen this time with Kabir Khan’s ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, which releases tomorrow (July 17).
1. Salman Khan: The superstar is undoubtedly biggest reason to watch any film. Known for creating waves at the box office, Salman Khan, with an unfathomable fan following is a brand himself. As usual, Salman Khan is releasing ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ on the festive day, Eid that has proved to be lucky for him many times before.
2. Salman Khan-Kareena Kapoor pairing: They shared a sweet romantic chemistry in ‘Bodyguard’ and fans love seeing them together. Playing a school teacher in ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, expectations from Kareena are sky-high as she is also considered to be Salman Khan’s lucky charm.
3. Kabir Khan: The director is known for carrying messages through his films, but in a more commercial way that connects with the audience. Kabir Khan has delivered hits like ‘New York’ and ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ in the past. He also brings out something special in Salman Khan onscreen.
4. Harshali Malhotra: Though Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor play the lead pair, the real superstar seems to be child actor, Harshali Malhotra. The little girl won hearts with her appearance in the trailer. She plays a mute child who wanders into India from Pakistan.
5. Music: The film’s music is already a big hit with audiences, especially the peppy track, Selfie Le Le Re’. While ‘Tu Chahiye’ is a soulful romantic number by Atif Aslam, ‘Bhar Do Jholi Meri’, is a sufi song by Adnan Sami.
6. Indo-Pak angle: Just like his past film, ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, Salman Khan’s ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ touches upon relations between India and Pakistan. “If people want hatred, they should definitely not watch this film. But, if they want peace and entertainment, a noble film that respects everything and everyone, then they should watch ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’,” said Salman in an interview.