Veteran actress Rati Agnihotri, who was in the news lately for her personal life’s turmoil, has now something to smile about. She has just returned from a two week schedule of ‘Singh Is Bliing’ in Punjab. The film will see her playing Akshay Kumar’s mother.
- Gold trailer: Akshay Kumar is hell-bent on winning an Olympic gold medal for India
- Gold teaser: Akshay Kumar is a flag-waving hockey coach in this sports film
- Akshay Kumar’s range as an actor has become huge: Lara Dutta
- Shashi Kapoor’s son Kunal Kapoor returns to acting with Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh Is Bliing’
- Rati Agnihotri on ending her 30-year long marriage: This is my son Tanuj’s decision for me
- Akshay Kumar to romance Nargis Fakhri in Shaukeen remake
Speaking about her character, Rati said that she plays a Punjabi lady who wears a lot of bling. She adds that a lot of detailing has gone into her character. Her reel life character also has many similarities to her real life character, including the bond that she shares with her 28 year old son Tanuj (in real life). While Akshay plays her son, her husband will be played by cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s father, Yograj Singh, who was last seen as Farhan Akhtar’s coach in ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’.
Produced by Pen India Pvt. Ltd along with Grazing Goat Productions, ‘Singh Is Bliing’ that is directed by Prabhu Dheva also stars Amy Jackson, Lara Dutta amongst others. The film is slated to release on October 2, 2015.