Actor Ranvir Shorey says he will be working in a film to be directed by his estranged wife Konkona Sen Sharma.
“Next I’m doing a play with Rajat Kapoor. It opens on December 5. After that I’ll be doing a film which Konkana (Sen Sharma) is directing. The name of the film is ‘Death in a Ganj’. But I want her to reveal more about the film first,” Ranvir told IANS on the sidelines of a film festival here.
The movie was reportedly picked by the Script Lab of the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) last year, and Konkona developed the movie’s screenplay under the guidance of mentors. It seems she’s now truly ready to step into the shoes of her mother, Aparna Sen, who has balanced both worlds of acting and film direction.
- A Death In Gunj director Konkona Sen Sharma : I don’t think I’ll make a masala movie
- Can’t say no to Konkona Sen: Ranvir Shorey
- Konkona Sen Sharma says never wanted to be an actor
- Will be happy to work with Ranvir again: Konkona Sen Sharma post-split
- Konkona and I are together: Ranvir Shorey
- Acting in Hindi cinema alone is not everything: Konkona Sen Sharma
Earlier this year, Konkona announced her split from Ranvir, her husband of five years. However, she has maintained that she has no qualms in working with him as he’s a “wonderful actor” and that they are still friends. Together, they have a son named Haroon.