Actress Sayani Gupta, who is acting alongside Ranbir Kapoor in upcoming film “Jagga Jasoos”, says he is an effortless actor and an involved co-star.
Sayani, a relatively new actress has been appreciated for her role of a blind girl in Kalki Koechlin-starrer “Margarita, With A Straw”. She said she had an amazing experience shooting with Ranbir for the Anurag Basu-directed film, which also stars the actor’s rumoured girlfriend Katrina Kaif.
“Ranbir is outstanding. I love him as an actor. I think he is the most brilliant actor in the current generation. He is very effortless. He has a lot of method but you can never see his method. He is constantly thinking bout what he is doing, he is sitting in a corner and completely focused,” Sayani told PTI.
The actress said working with the “Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani” star was like a party.
- EXCLUSIVE Jagga Jasoos actor Sayani Gupta: If you aren’t a star, your talent won’t be respected in Bollywood
- Jagga Jasoos actor Ranbir Kapoor: I have to do some ‘manly’ roles
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif share a selfie. Is all well between Jagga Jasoos co-stars?
- After Jolly LLB 2, Sayani Gupta to play a 14-year-old in Jagga Jasoos
- EXCLUSIVE Fan actor Sayani Gupta says Shah Rukh Khan has come in this world to spread happiness
- Ranbir Kapoor best star actor this country has seen: Sayani Gupta
“He was the first actor I met, who knew not only his continuity but his co-actor and the whole scene’s continuity as well. He would even remember which filter was used in the last day’s scene. He is a lot of fun. He is cracking jokes and it is like a party with him,” she said.
Though Sayani has shot only two scenes with Katrina, the actress said she gelled with the “Bang Bang!” star.
“Katrina is very sweet. Although I have shot for only two scenes with her, she was nice to me. In the middle of the shoot, we would discuss funny things and she carries herself really well, with a lot of dignity which I really liked. She is completely gorgeous to look at,” she said.
When asked about her role in the movie, Sayani said, “I am the third wheel in the story. I am not playing Ranbir’s love interest in the film, unfortunately. Eventually if Anurag feels that it could be love, he might write it like that but not yet.”