Rajkummar Rao, who has won a National Award for his movie ‘Shahid’, has proved his acting skills time and again. The actor has now reportedly signed a black comedy titled ‘Newton’.
Having tried his hand on various avatars, the actor has always tried to get into the skin of the characters he play in his films. He was last seen on screen in Vidya balan, Emraan Hashmi starrer ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahaani’.
Rajkummar, who is known for leaving a strong impact on the audience said, “Yes, it’s the journey of a common man who aspires to be someone in life and heads to a jungle infested with Naxals. It’s a really funny story. I’ve been reading a lot of scripts but at the same time am being careful and choosy. Manish Mundra, who’s made Ankhon Dekhi and Masaan, got in touch and as soon as I read it, I knew this was it.”
- Fanney Khan teaser: Anil Kapoor is a Khan with a difference, Aishwarya makes a blink-and-you-miss-it appearance
- Rajkummar Rao: Great experience working with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Anil Kapoor
- A look back at the box office performance of Omerta actor Rajkummar Rao’s last five films
- CRPF officer files complaint against Rajkummar Rao starrer Newton
- Rajkummar Rao deserved National Award this year: Newton director Amit V Masurkar
- Mental Hai Kya is a quirky, different comedy: Rajkummar Rao
Directed by Amit Masurkar, the movie will go on floors in November – December. Apart from this film, Rajkummar also has Ramesh Sippy’s ‘Shimla Mirchi’ and Hansal Mehta’s ‘Aligarh’ in his kitty.