Praising the “natural acting” talent of the young guns of Bollywood, R Madhavan says he is particularly enthralled to see how Ranbir Kapoor has build his career.
The 44-year-old actor is back on the big screen with “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” after a sabbatical of three years and he said his break was important as he utilised the time to understand the new-age methods of acting.
“There has been a dramatic change in filmmaking and acting in movies. I have learnt that during my break. Everyone is living ahead of time… Ranbir Kapoor is one of those guys. He is so comfortable in his shoes. He has the younger generation wanting to be like him. It is very rare to see something like that,” Madhavan said in an interview here.
- R Madhavan shares a sweet post about ‘his idol, the real Kamli from Sanju’
- Sanju box office prediction: Ranbir Kapoor starrer to earn Rs 30 crore on Day 1
- Sanju actor Ranbir Kapoor, a worthy product of the ‘N’ word
- Alia Bhatt dines out with Ranbir Kapoor and family
- Salman Khan on Ranbir Kapoor starrer Sanju: Nobody can play Sanjay Dutt better than himself
- Sanju trailer: Ranbir Kapoor takes us through the controversial life of Sanjay Dutt
“Ranbir, Ranveer Singh are pushing the envelope and even actresses like Kangana Ranaut, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra are doing different movies, which is now testimony of the fact that merely having good looks is not enough. You have to be extraordinary actors,” he added.
In Aanand L Rai’s “Tanu Weds Manu Returns”, which is the sequel to 2011 hit “Tanu Weds Manu”, Madhavan will be seen reprising the role of Manu Sharma. The film also stars Kangana and will hit theatres on May 22.
While preparing for the role, Madhavan stayed away from his family and the actor said he did that so he could completely immerse himself in the character.
“That was part of the preparation. It was a very tough role for me. When an actor is given no or less dialogues and he still has to contribute as the main protagonist of the film, it gets difficult. So, you have to be immersed in the character to make it worthy of it,” the actor said.
Madhavan’s next release is sports drama “Saala Khadoos”, in which he plays a boxing coach.