Actress Priyanka Chopra, who recently launched her production house, says she is working to back new talent in regional as well as Hindi films.
“I have launched my production house called Purple Pebble Pictures. I want to work with and push new talent like writers because when I had entered the film industry, I didn’t know anyone and getting a foothold is tough. For all who come from outside, getting a break is difficult,” Priyanka said at a press meet for her film “Bajirao Mastani”.
“I also want to promote regional cinema. I am working on three regional films and two Hindi films. I will soon make an announcement,” said the “Mary Kom” actress.
Priyanka, however, ruled out the possibility of turning director, saying it was a job with “immense responsibility”.
On success in this year, when she had “Dil Dhadakne Do”, “Bajirao Mastani” and international TV series “Quantico”, she said: “This year has been extremely overworked for me. It’s almost as if I need 36 hours in a day. It’s been very fulfilling professionally.”
“And the next year is going to be more difficult for me because my show (‘Quantico’) has become so successful that it got extended from 13 to 22 episodes.
“It’s also difficult because I want to maintain my career in both America and in India. I don’t want to choose and I don’t think I should,” she said.
“Quantico” is likely to get a second season due to its success.
“I’ll be able to do two films between both my seasons. In Hindi films, I have choices of six really interesting films and I have choices of two really interesting films there (Hollywood) also.
- It’s a wrap for Priyanka Chopra’s Isn’t It Romantic, here’s everything that happened on the last day
- Priyanka Chopra has ‘epic’ time at brother Siddharth Chopra’s birthday
- Priyanka Chopra and Farhan Akhtar to reunite for The Sky is Pink
- Priyanka Chopra is in India with Nick Jonas?
- Priyanka Chopra on losing a film due to her skin colour: They said I had the ‘wrong physicality’
- Priyanka Chopra’s colleagues said she was mad to make Bhojpuri films: Madhu Chopra
“But I can’t do all of them unfortunately. So by January, I can decide which ones I will do, it’s a very heartbreaking decision.”
Priyanka will next be seen as a police officer in “Jai Gangaajal”.