Initially, Shabina was offered two songs to choreograph but later she was told to do all the tracks.
“Salman and Sooraj (director) saw my choreography for the title track and ‘Jalte Diye’. They liked my style and decided to keep me for the other songs as well,” Shabina, who spent one and a half years on this project, told PTI.
While she had worked with Salman previously, she was new to Sonam and found it challenging.
“I spent three months researching on Sonam’s body language. I watched her previous films like ‘Saawariya’ and also her interviews. I choreographed the steps accordingly,” she said.
- ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ leads BIG Star Entertainment Awards 2015
- I don’t understand numbers: Sonam Kapoor on ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ collections
- ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ the biggest film of my career: Sonam Kapoor
- Salman Khan to launch new ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ song in Delhi
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor in ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ title track, watch song
- ‘Hum Dil Chuke Sanam’ was a really nice poster, says Salman Khan while comparing ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
The choreographer who received fame from the signature dance move in the title track of the movie, is in awe of Sonam’s beauty and grace.
“I mixed my dance movements with her grace. Sonam is princess like. I am a huge fan of Waheeda Rehman and I feel she is the new age Waheeda Rehman,” she said.
The critically acclaimed choreographer hopes to work with Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff in the future.
“My goal is to showcase my knowledge in dance and work in more films like PRDP,” she said.