“Baahubali” and “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” fame writer KV Vijayendra Prasad has been roped in to pen the script of the sequel to the 2001 hit political thriller “Nayak”.
Produced by Eros International and Deepak Mukut, the sequel will see Anil Kapoor again as the lead alongwith some fresh faces.
The sequel will be a political satire with romance as the backdrop.
- Mersal all set to become the first Tamil film to release in China
- Why did Katappa Kill Baahubali?
- Baahubali writer Vijayendra Prasad writes India-Pakistan love story for Vishnu Manchu
- Baahubali writer KV Vijayendra Prasad penning sequels of Nayak, Rowdy Rathore
- Anil Kapoor’s Nayak gets a sequel
- Eros International, Soham Rockstar Entertainment to produce Nayak sequel
“‘Nayak’ created ripples on its release and was one of the most successful political satires of its time.
“It’s the apt time to plan the sequel in the current political milieu. And we can expect only the finest writing with Vijayendra Prasad ji on board who has given two of Bollywood’s biggest releases last year – Baahubali and Bajrangi Bhaijaan,” said Sunil Lulla, Managing Director, Eros International Media Ltd said in a statement.
“Nayak”, which starred Rani Mukerji in the female lead, was the remake of S Shankar’s successful Tamil film “Mudhalvan”.