Newcomer Athiya Shetty, who is making her acting debut with “Hero”, says her USP is her confidence.
“People think I am confident, natural. I hope I portray that on-screen,” she said.
Before making her first stage appearance for her debut film “Hero”, Athiya was nervous.
“I was nervous before coming here. I kept messaging Nikhil Advani (director) about this. I just hope you all like the trailer,” Athiya told reporters here at the trailer launch of “Hero”.
Directed by Advani, “Hero” is a remake of the superhit 1983 film which was directed by Subhash Ghai and starred Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri.
- Newcomers Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty talk about the pressures of being a star kid
- Want to have a very long innings in Bollywood: Athiya Shetty
- Salman Khan has been a rock to Sooraj Pancholi : Suniel Shetty
- Sooraj Pancholi: Becoming an actor was not on my mind
- Salman Khan, Sooraj Pancholi get emotional at ‘Hero’ trailer launch
- ‘Hero’ actors Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty join Twitter
“I saw the original film when I was very young. I don’t think it should be compared…I hope we have created something new,” Athiya said.
Athiya’s parents Suneil Shetty and Mana Shetty and her rother Aahan were present for the trailer launch.
“My parents are here and they give me confidence, strength. I am happy they are here,” Athiya said.
Asked about competition in the industry, Athiya said, “I am barely new to even compete with anyone. I want to work hard first and do better.” Produced by Salman Khan and Subhash Ghai, “Hero” is set to release on September 11.