Actor Arjun Kapoor says he wanted to become a director, but ideas continuously flowing from his mind prompted him to put his plans on hold.
“I tried writing because I wanted to be a director. But I wasn’t good at writing as my mind would run much faster than my hand could. And I thought of too many things which eventually didn’t make sense in terms of a character. I just wanted to encompass everything into that script,” Arjun said during the launch of writer Debashish Irengbam’s book “Me, Mia, Multiple” along with lyricist-poet Javed Akhtar.
“I was very naive and gullible at that time and thought that I could achieve it. But that’s when I realised that I’m not yet ready for direction. Since then, I haven’t dwelt on it. You evolve over a course of time and something you desire now might not be something you desire five years later,” Arjun said.
The actor also said he was “not a voracious reader” and that he did not have an appetite for reading.
- Sanju is a milestone in Ranbir and Vicky’s career, says Arjun Kapoor
- Happy Birthday Arjun Kapoor: Janhvi, Anshula, Sonam, Anil Kapoor shower love on the actor
- Arjun Kapoor: Fortunate to pick films with fantastic roles for women
- Arjun Kapoor pens emotional note for Janhvi Kapoor ahead of Dhadak trailer launch
- Arjun Kapoor to star in Rajkumar Gupta’s India’s Most Wanted
- Arjun Kapoor on Sanju: Ranbir Kapoor has done an amazing job
He said he always prefers watching films over reading books, and that he also did not read “2 States”, the book on which his Rs.100-crore blockbuster of the same name was based on.
Arjun is preparing himself for his upcoming romantic film with Kareena Kapoor Khan, directed by R. Balki which goes on floors by the end of July.