In the film, directed by Sanoj Kumar Mishra, Om plays an NRI named Rai Saheb.
“I’m very happy to play an NRI like Rai Saheb in ‘Gandhigiri’ as he upholds the importance of Mahatma Gandhi’s values for today’s generation. The good part about the film is that the teachings of the great leader will be shown in an entertaining way, and will not seem as preaching,” Om Puri told IANS.
- Om Puri’s last wish was to start a gurukul for acting in Khandala: Nandita Puri
- Om Puri bats for small films in ‘his last interview’
- PM Modi wants to bring change in society through demonetisation: Om Puri
- Gandhigiri movie review: This Om Puri film is a crime
- Om Puri’s outburst and apology a publicity stunt to promote his movie Gandhigiri?
- No plans to direct films: Om Puri
He went on to say that the film highlights how people are not bad by birth and that it is situations and circumstances that make them choose the wrong path.
The idea behind the film is to shed light on the importance of the values that the Father of the Nation imparted, and if anyone can lead a peaceful life by implementing those values in day-to-day life.
“Gandhigiri” also features Sanjay Mishra, Brijesh Karniwal, Anupam Shyam, Meghna Haldar, Dolly Chawla, Ravi singh and Rishi Bhutani. It is produced by Pratap Singh Yadav’s Aagaman Films.