Set against the backdrop of the horrific 26/11 terrorist attacks that shook Mumbai to its very core, ‘Phantom’ tells the tale of a young agent who goes to prison undercover, gathering all kinds of information to prepare him for his attack against those responsible for mercilessly taking away so many innocent lives.
Seen in an action role, Saif Ali Khan looks intense as he appears grim faced and determined, courageously seeking out the bad guys amidst high speed chases and flying bullets. Katrina Kaif who is sharing screen space with Saif for the second time is also part of quite a few action scenes. But, somehow the actress seems to be a bit overshadowed by her co-star.
- Sacred Games trailer: Saif Ali Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s cat-and-mouse game looks promising
- Will Saif Ali Khan-Katrina Kaif’s ‘Phantom’ be as successful as Kabir Khan’s last?
- Action integral part of ‘Phantom’, says Katrina Kaif
- Anybody would be lucky to have Katrina Kaif as girlfriend: Saif Ali Khan
- I feel secure with Kabir Khan as my director: Saif Ali Khan
- Phantom first look: Saif Ali Khan, Katrina Kaif are bruised, battered and blindfolded
Based on S. Hussain Zaidi’s recent novel, ‘Mumbai Avengers’, ‘Phantom’ has been shot in Lebanon, Syria, The UK, Canada and India.
In Hussain’s novel, five years after the 26/11 attacks, a retired army officer spearheads a covert mission with a team of daredevil agents to seek out and kill these terror masterminds, one by one, making sure that the assassination look like natural deaths. The best-selling author has collaborated on the screenplay.
The film also involves characters that have been named after real-life terrorists David Headley, Sajid Mir, Haifiz Saeed and Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
‘Phantom’ is slated to hit theatres on August 28.