Taking a dig at the BJP, veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah says their statements on moderate protesters show their tolerance level.
The 66-year-old actor, however, will not be returning his National Awards to protest against the growing intolerance in the country. “The statements given by BJP against the moderate statement shows their tolerance level. I won’t give away my awards because they mean nothing to me,” Shah said, adding that he was not willing to comment further on the issue.
Last month, the actor was trolled on Twitter for his comments during the book launch of former Pakistani foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri.
- Expresso Season 2, Episode 12: I enjoy the work of acting, says Naseeruddin Shah
- Remembering Hamid
- Zero KMS director Q: Audience will be surprised to see Naseeruddin Shah in such an avatar
- Naseeruddin Shah says essential for Muslims to stop feeling persecuted, assert claim on India
- Naseeruddin Shah’s oblique attack on Anupam Kher stirs controversy
- Naseeruddin Shah’s nod to role high point in my life: ‘Waiting’ director Anu Menon
At that time, Shah said he does “not need to justify anything and prove my patriotism to anybody.”