With his directorial venture “Shivaay” likely to clash with Ranbir Kapoor’s “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil” at box office next Diwali, Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn says it is not good to have simultaneous release of two big films.
In an interview to PTI, Ajay said he had announced the release of his film earlier, but added the film with better content will work.
“Everybody wants to release (film) during festival time as it is a big period. You can’t block a festive period (but) it doesn’t mean that nobody else can release their film,” Ajay said.
To a query, the “Drishyam” star said, “It is not good to have two big releases together on same day but who would want to back out on Diwali as it is a fair enough deal. Lets see how many clash and how many don’t as things do change at the last minute.”
While “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil”, the directorial comeback of Karan Johar, stars Anushka Sharma, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Ranbir Kapoor, “Shivaay” features Ajay opposite thespian Dilip Kumar’s grandniece, Sayesha Saigal.
Reacting to reports that “Shivaay” was deferred for “Drishyam”, Ajay said, “‘Shivaay’ got postponed and so ‘Drishyam’ happened earlier. We were going to start ‘Drishyam’ first as ‘Shivaay’ can be shot in winter. So I called up Nishikant Kamat (director of ‘Drishyam’) asking if he can be ready in two months and he was so we shot ‘Drishyam’ first.”
- A look at the box office performance of Sanju actor Ranbir Kapoor’s last five films
- Shivaay box office: Ajay Devgn film bests Ae Dil Hai Mushkil in second week
- Shivaay box office collection day 10: Ajay Devgn film continues to do good business
- I was the first one to support the release of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, says Ajay Devgn
- Shivaay vs Ae Dil Hai Mushkil box office clash: Ajay Devgn is not worried
- ‘Shivaay’ highlights lord Shiva’s human elements: Ajay Devgn
For “Shivaay”, Ajay has sported various tattoos on his body, which are symbolic of various avatars of Lord Shiva.
The actor is also working on “Singham 3” and “Golmaal 4”. Both the films are directed by Ajay’s close friend Rohit Shetty.
“We are working on the script of ‘Singham 3’ and ‘Golmaal 4’. We haven’t thought of ‘Bol Bachchan 2’ yet,” Ajay said.