Superstar Shah Rukh Khan made viewers teary-eyed with the climax of his 2003 hit film “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, but the actor says his children saw a version where the movie ends before his character dies.
Shah Rukh Khan, 49, played Aman Mathur, a terminally ill patient in the Nikhil Advani-directed romantic drama.
When a fan tweeted Shah Rukh Khan a little girl’s reaction after watching “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, the “Chennai Express” star said Karan Johar, who produced and wrote the film, made a special edit of the movie for his children.
- Zero movie posters: SRK is adorable, Anushka is a smiling beauty and Katrina is oozing oomph
- Shah Rukh Khan and Zero’s Bauua Singh look quite alike, but they disagree
- Dus Ka Dum finale: Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan are ready to entertain their fans
- 14 years of Kal Ho Naa Ho: 14 unforgettable things about the Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta film
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan praises German envoy’s Bollywood video debut
- ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’ completes a decade,Shah Rukh,Preity Zinta get nostalgic
“Never shown the ending of ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’ to my kids. Karan made a special edit where movie ends before I fly away,” he tweeted.
Never shown the ending of kal ho NA ho 2 my kids. karan made a special edit where movie ends before I fly away https://t.co/yfsdDlJ0KM
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) September 19, 2015
In the video, the girl is seen breaking into tears after watching the emotional climax of the movie, which ends with his characters death.
Earlier this year, the German Embassy in India paid homage to “Kal Ho Naa Ho” by releasing a short eight-minute video named “Lebe Jetzt”, which had former External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid playing the part of Saif Ali Khan.