Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said the state government has made the upcoming movie “Manjhi – The Mountain Man” tax free.
“The Bihar government has already announced to waive off tax on the film ‘Manjhi-the Mountain Man’,” Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of “Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri” programme.
The film is based on the life of Dashrath Manjhi, a poor labourer hailing from Gehlaur village in Gaya district widely known as the “Mountain Man”.
He had laid a road through the mountain using only hammer and chisel in memory of his wife who passed away without medical treatment as travel to the nearest hospital took a lot of time due to the mountain.
- Shatrughan Sinha praises Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s ‘Manjhi – The Mountain Man’, says shows DNA of Bihar
- “Mountain Man” Dashrath Manjhi’s family watches film on him
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer ‘Manjhi – The Mountain Man’ tax-free in Uttarakhand
- Cast Nawazuddin Siddiqui for his intense eyes: Ketan Mehta
- Don’t want to be repetitive with my roles: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Bihar govt declares Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s ‘Manjhi – The Mountain Man’ movie tax-free
The film is directed by Ketan Mehta. Nawazuddin Siddiqui enacted the role of Dashrath Manjhi, while Radhika Apte played Manjhi’s wife.
The film is scheduled for release on August 21, 2015.
Kumar is scheduled to attend a programme on the movie in the evening.
The cast of the film paid a visit to Gaya last evening as a part of an event to promote the movie.