With many back to back releases, Nawazuddin Siddiqui is a busy man. The actor, who had taken some time out for Kushan Nandy’s ‘Babumoshai Bandookbaaz’, had to however put the film on hold as the film faced a lot of resistance whilst shooting in West Bengal. And now, the makers have decided to shift the plotline to a North Indian backdrop.
It so happened that after ‘Babumoshai Bandookbaaz’ went on floor in West Bengal, the FCTWEI (Federation of Cine Technicians and Workers of Eastern India) and the director of the film Kushan Nandy faced several disputes which forced the team of the film to leave the state. Kushan had further also accused that these labourers extorted a whopping amount of Rs. 55 lakhs from him and hence, the upset filmmaker also announced that he will never return to the state for the film.
With these controversies around, there were speculations that Kushan Nandy has shelved the film but now, we hear that the film will be set in North India, that is, UP and Bihar. Screenplay writer Galib Asad Bhopali stated that the story is now based on Bihar political backdrop. He further mentioned that initially, he had written a script keeping North India in mind but Kushan wanted to highlight the issues of increasing gang rivalries and murders in Bengal. However, now they have decided to retain the earlier plotline of UP politics.
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz director Kushan Nandy: CBFC has given me an adult certificate. Then why the 48 cuts?
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz trailer: Nawazuddin Siddiqui as a shabby contract killer has no remorse about being cruel. Watch video
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz first look: Nawazuddin Siddiqui answers nature’s call. But why the gun? See pic
- ‘Babumoshai Bandookbaaz’ is back on track: Chitrangada Singh
- Nawazuddin to play a contract killer in Babumoshai Bandookbaaz
- Kushan Nandy’s Chitrangda Singh starrer titled ‘Babumoshai Bandookbaaz’
On the casting front, Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play the role of a contract killer along with Mardaani fame Tahir Raj Bhasin who will be seen as his competitor. Chitrangda Singh, as the female lead, will play a local cobbler. Initially, Roopa Ganguly was roped in to play the role of a politician inspired by Mamata Banerjee but now, the makers are on a hunt for another actress since the story has shifted to Bihar and now the politician’s character will be modeled on Mayawati of BSP (Bahujan Samaj Party).
Babumoshai Bandookbaaz is slated to go on floor in December and is said to be a 40 day marathon schedule.