The actor’s first production venture “Miyan Kal Aana” will be screened at the festival this year. The film is directed by his brother Shamas Siddiqui and will be shown as part of the Short Film Catalog.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui to star in Tannishtha Chatterjee’s directorial debut
- Nandita Das: Manto is not a typical festival film
- Cannes 2018: Manto actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui looks smart in Manish Malhotra outfits; Rasika keeps it elegant in sari and voluminous gowns
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: I will play Thackeray with the same honesty with which I played Manto
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s Manto opens to a packed house at 71st Cannes Film Festival
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: I did not enter the film industry for recognition
Nawazuddin would be skipping the festival due to the shooting schedule of the film, which got delayed by a few days due to the weather conditions and Salman’s court trial in Jodhpur. The shoot will be going on in full swing for the next 25 days.
“I feel bad on not attending the festival this time however I am happy that my film has gone there. It will be my first film as a producer and my brother Shamas who has directed it has done a brilliant job. I am happy for him. Even if I won’t be going there physically I’m glad our film, our thoughts are out there,” Nawazuddin said in a statement.
“Miyan Kal Aana”, which is 17.5 minutes long, touches upon the Halala law in Islam.