“I’ve worked with several brilliant actors, some of whom people refer to as one of the best actors in the industry. But I feel that the best actor I’ve worked with in my career, internationally or nationally, has been Nana Patekar,” Anil said at the launch of the film’s trailer.
Sharing mutual admiration for his “Parinda” co-star, Nana reminisced: “During ‘Parinda’, he (Anil Kapoor) was a big star while I was still a newcomer. It’s strange that our friendship formed in such a way that we didn’t work for 19 years after that. And during ‘Welcome’, I got familiar with Anil really well and today I can say that along with the remuneration, if I’ve earned something then it is a house and a younger brother (Anil).”
- Anil Kapoor wants John Abraham’s physique
- Feel fortunate to return with ‘Welcome Back’, says John Abraham
- No one can replace Feroz Khan in ‘Welcome’ series: Nana Patekar
- Fight with everyone but have no enemies: Nana Patekar
- Watch ‘Welcome Back’ trailer: John Abraham, Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor, Paresh Rawal steal the show
- ‘Welcome Back’ song postponed
Despite the camaraderie, Nana joked: “Just 10 minutes back, we had an argument.”
“Welcome Back”, which reunites the actors on screen seven years afer the first instalment “Welcome”, is gearing up for a September 4 release. It also stars Naseeruddin Shah, Shruti Haasan, Dimple Kapadia, Paresh Rawal and John Abraham.