Akshay Kumar‘s popular film ‘Namastey London’ recently turned into a franchise when director-producer Vipul Shah announced a sequel to the same titled ‘Namastey England’. Along with co-producing the film, Akshay Kumar will once again be seen as the protagonist in the second installment.
According to sources, T-Series will be co-producing the film along with Vipul Shah and Akshay Kumar. However, no further details have been revealed. On the casting front, apart from the ‘Khiladi’ superstar, no other actors have been finalized.
- Arjun Kapoor writes a heartfelt note after wrapping up Namaste England
- Akshay Kumar and I get along well, says Arjun Kapoor
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Namaste England’ not a sequel to ‘Namaste London’
- World Wide rights of Akshay Kumar’s ‘Namastey England’ sold for Rs. 75 crores
- Sequel to Akshay Kumar starrer ‘Namastey London’ soon?
- Commando 2 will not have Akshay Kumar
‘Namastey England’ is said to be a love story like its prequel but with a twist. The film is said to be shot in the picturesque locales of Punjab and London. The first installment, ‘Namastey London’ had Katrina Kaif playing the leading lady along with Rishi Kapoor, Upen Patel doing prominent roles. The sequel, on the other hand, is slated to go on floor in January 2016 and is looking for a release date in the second half of the year.