Meghna Gulzar‘s ‘Talvar’ starring Konkona Sen Sharma and Irrfan Khan, opened to an overwhelming response with packed houses at the 40th Toronto International Film Festival. The festival showcased the world premiere of the movie, which is inspired by the 2008 Aarushi Talvar-Hemraj case.
The movie created so much anticipation among the audience that the tickets were sold out within 90 minutes for all the shows and were seen housefull. The auditorium had a capacity of 1200 seats but still there were poeple who didn’t get seats to watch the film.
- Irrfan Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma’s ‘Talvar’ mints Rs.3 crore on opening day
- Irrfan Khan wants to show ‘Talvar’ to ‘Piku’ co-star Deepika Padukone
- I’d rather be ahead of time than be outdated: Filmmaker Meghna Gulzar
- Found ‘Talvar’ intriguing: Konkona Sen Sharma
- Irrfan Khan, Konkona Sen Sharma’s ‘Talvar’ to release on October 2
- Irrfan Khan, Tabu’s ‘Talvar’ to premiere at Toronto International Film Festival
The premiere was held at the Ryersen Theatre and Meghna Gulzar’s film garnered huge appreciation for its screenplay and the story that it’s based on and was loved by the audience unanimously.
Present at the premiere were Priti Shahani, the co producer of Talvar, Vishal Bhardwaj, Meghna Gulzar and Irrfan Khan.
‘Talvar’ is all set to hit theaters on October 2.