If there’s anybody who the Sunny Leone starrer song ‘Mere Saiyaan Superstar’ really suits is Shahid Kapoor’s wife Mira Rajput. Shahid, far from his image of being in relationship with almost all his co-stars, has gone for an arranged marriage, a move that has broken many a heart.
Mira Rajput, a Delhi-based 23-year-old girl, is said to be a perfect match for the ‘Haider’ star. Here’s all what you need to know about the beautiful soon-to-be-bride:
1. Mira Rajput was an English (Hons) student. She recently completed her graduation from the renowned Lady Shri Ram (LSR) college, Delhi University. Few pictures from her farewell ceremony were all over the social media few months ago.
2. Shahid Kapoor and his father Pankaj, as well as Mira’s family, are ardent followers of Radha Soami Satsang Beas. That’s where the two families became friends. Shahid met Mira a few times and decided that she was the right girl for him.
3. Mira was gifted a Rs 23-lakh worth custom made ring on their engagement. Shahid also bought a new sea-facing apartment recently, which the couple has been doing up together.
4. Reportedly, Mira has worked for the United Nations as an intern.
5. According to a report in BollywoodHungama.com, what Shahid likes most about Mira is that she isn’t awed by his stardom and is very grounded.
6. Mira Rajput is not an avid cine-goer and hence, hasn’t even watched many of Shahid’s movies.
7. Mira calls her husband Shadoo.