Neeraj Ghaywan’s debut feature “Masaan”, which won two prestigious awards at the Cannes International Film Festival this year, will be the opening film of the sixth edition of Jagran Film Festival, which will kickstart from July 1.
The movie, which features powerhouse performers like Richa Chadha and Sanjay Mishra, apart from newcomers Vicky Kaushal and Shweta Tripathi, follows the stories of four people from a small Indian town and how they fit into the moralities.
“Masaan” will be presented on July 1 evening by Ghaywan and the star cast of the film to the festival delegates personally.
- I wish I had directed ‘Masaan’: Anurag Kashyap
- Team ‘Masaan’ makes Anurag Kashyap proud
- Richa Chadha’s ‘Masaan’ premieres in India
- Neeraj Ghaywan’s ‘Masaan’ continues to impress International media, to premiere in India on July 24
- Award-winning ‘Masaan’ to release in India on July 24
- I’m ecstatic: Neeraj Ghaywan on bagging awards at Cannes
“It’s a matter of pride to open the festival with such a prestigious and worthy film. ‘Masaan’ is just the beginning; the festival has a lot in store for film delegates this year,” Manoj Srivastava, the festival’s strategic consultant, said in a statement.
“Masaan” is an official entry in the festival and will compete for the Indian Showcase Awards, which will be held in Mumbai in September.