Actor Manoj Bajpayee says that he’s highly inspired by critically acclaimed Marathi films “Court” and “Killa”.
He was present at the screening of Marathi film, “Mantalya Ulhat” where he told media: “I was inspired watching films such as ‘Court’ and ‘Killa’.”
“The good thing is that in Marathi cinema, there is some brilliant work being done. A whole group or generation has come to the fore that is not just making good films but also inspiring filmmakers across the country to make films like them or better it,” he added.
- Manoj Bajpayee: The Family Man pays tribute to everyday heroes whose sacrifices go unsung
- Expresso Season 2, Episode 4: Manoj Bajpayee – Destiny’s Child
- Manoj Bajpayee wraps up Satyameva Jayate shoot
- Manoj Bajpayee: Producing Missing wasn’t a cakewalk
- Worked in ‘Aligarh’ without fear: Manoj Bajpayee
- Small films also deserve importance: Manoj Bajpayee
“Court” had won the National Award for best film this year while “Killa” won awards at the Berlin Film Festival.
Manoj also says that when “Indian cinema is competing with world cinema, the artists irrespective of the language receive the inspiration to do better work and to show their films not just all over India but across the globe.”
Manoj was last seen in the Arjun Kapoor- Sonakshi Sinha starrer “Tevar’. He will soon be seen in “Missing” and “Aligarh” among other films.