Versatile actor Sanjay Mishra is busy filming “Mangal Ho”, a film that he feels will add visibility to the sci-fi genre in Bollywood.
At the shoot of the comedy film “Mangal Ho”, he told IANS: “Science fiction is an untouched genre as far as Indian cinema is concerned. ‘Mangal Ho’ is a beginning of this genre and that too with a touch of comedy. It’s a great thing.”
The film is being directed by Pritish Chakraborty.
“Pritish approached me on sets of ‘Chala Mussaddi… Office Office’ (2011) for his film ‘Mangal Ho’. In the film, I play a Bengali businessman who is an idiot but considers himself super intelligent.
“My character’s name is very interesting, Udhaar Dey. My younger brother’s name is Sudhaar Dey, my son’s name is Buddhi Dey,” he said.
The actor, who is famous for his one-liners right from the days of TV show “Office Office”, said “Mangal Ho” will also have some witty dialogues.
“This film has a good Concept, witty dialogues and very subtle one-liners, forming the right recipe for a good film,” he said.
- Ayushmann Khurrana: Want to have filmography boasting of films with a longer shelf life
- Badhaai Ho actor Sanya Malhotra: I’m looking for more versatility in work
- It is only the new directors who explored me: Sanjay Mishra
- Aanushka Ramesh to make Bollywood debut
- ‘Mangal Ho’ goes beyond ‘Make In India’: Director Pritish Chakraborty
- Shabbir Ahmed to pen lyrics for sci-fi comedy ‘Mangal Ho’
“Mangal Ho” director told IANS that he wanted to helm a movie which he enjoys making and the audience enjoys watching.
“The audience buys ticket for entertainment and we are just preparing our film to be framed and received as a purely entertaining film,” he said.
The film, jointly produced by Ascent Films Pvt Ltd and M.K. Media Pvt Ltd, also features Annu Kapoor playing a Punjabi scientist in the film.