Brahman Naman, a sex comedy film directed by Qaushiq Mukherjee, who is better known as Q, will be screened by the JIO MAMI Film Club on June 27.
After successfully launching its film club with English actor Ian McKellen in conversation with superstar Aamir Khan, the MAMI Film Club will screen the hilarious coming of age comedy at PVR Icon in Andheri here.
Brahman Naman stars Shashank Arora as the lead character with Tanmay Dhanania and Chaitanya Varad as his sidekicks. The cast also includes Vaiswath Shankar, Sindhu Sreenivasa Murthy and Sid Mallya.
- Pune: NFAI to screen Arun Khopkar’s documentaries at daylong film festival
- Damien Chazelle’s La La Land gets its India premiere at Jio Mami Film Club
- Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone starrer La La Land to have Indian premiere at MAMI
- Shah Rukh Khan’s unreleased film Ahamaq to screen at MAMI
- I don’t let a theatre release decide the fate of my film: Brahman Naman director
- Director Qaushiq Mukherjee to make Hindi debut with his ‘Ludo’ adaptation
Written by Naman Ramachandran and co-produced by Celine Loop and Steve Barron, the film will be available globally starting July 7 as a Netflix original film.
“We are really excited that Q’s acclaimed new film Brahman Naman will have its India premiere in Mumbai exclusively for our MAMI Film Club members! I’m particularly looking forward to the chat with Q after the screening,” Kiran Rao, Chairperson, MAMI, said in a statement.
Q said he is super excited for MAMI Film Club’s premiere of “Brahman Naman”.
“My last film, Ludo, was received very well at the MAMI festival, and it went on to do very well internationally. I am sure that we will have a brilliant opening, and I look forward to audience interaction, before we go online worldwide, with Netflix,” he added.
Smriti Kiran, Creative Director, MAMI, said: “We are thrilled to be able curate different activities for cinema lovers in the city. With the launch of MAMI Film Club, we aim to bring unusual and enriching cinematic experiences to the city”.