The makers of ‘M S Dhoni – The Untold Story‘ have dedicated a song ‘Phir Se’ to the Indian cricket team which is set to take on Pakistan on the day two of the World Cup 2015.
Director of the film Neeraj Pandey, a cricket buff himself, has worked on the song and the video to get it ready before the World Cup begins from February 14.
“The idea was to sum up the mood and emotion for the entire nation. ‘Phir Se’ is an anthem, plea, prayer, dream all rolled in one. And M M Kreem (composer) and Manoj Muntashir (lyricist) have done this beautifully,” Pandey said in a statement.
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who plays Dhoni in the biopic, is excited about this tribute to the team that will be launched on February 15.
“‘Phir Se’ is our tribute to the inherent passion our players have for the country and the love we have towards our own team. We just want to tell it to them through this wonderful track that they have always made us proud and we always are with them unconditionally!,” Sushant said.
- Dangal, Mary Kom, MS Dhoni and others: The box office collection of last five sports biopics
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni quits as ODI captain, reel Dhoni Sushant Singh Rajput says will miss him
- M.S. Dhoni one of the best sports minds ever: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Sushant Singh Rajput celebrates India’s victory against Pakistan in WCT20 with MS Dhoni
- First look – Sushant Singh Rajput is ready to explain Dhoni’s story in biopic M S Dhoni: The Untold Story
- First look of MS Dhoni biopic: Sushant Singh Rajput will play the lead
‘M S Dhoni – The Untold Story’ is being produced by Fox Star Studios and Inspired Entertainment.
“It is a high octane tribute song that the team of the film is dedicating to the Indian cricket team – an anthem to celebrate and support Team India!,” said Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios.
The biopic is releasing on October 22.