A district court here directed police today to register an FIR against two Nestle officials and film stars Amitabh Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta, who have featured in the Maggi advertisements and arrest them if required.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Ramchandra Prasad directed Kazi Mohammadpur Police Station to register the FIR against the five and investigate the complaint.
The court also directed the police to go for arrest if required in the course of investigation.
The order came during the hearing of a case filed by lawyer Sudhir Kumar Ojha yesterday.
The petition had named Managing Director of Nestle Mohan Gupta, its Joint Director Sabab Alam and the three film stars Amitabh, Madhuri and Preity, who have featured in Maggi ads at different times.
- Maggi row: Nestle India will support celebs if they face problems
- Maggi row: Shiv Sena opposes action against Amitabh Bachchan, Preity Zinta, Madhuri Dixit
- Amitabh Bachchan on Maggi row: Haven’t received notice till now, will fully cooperate
- Nestle’s Maggi noodles faces heat across India, fails tests in Delhi
- Govt warns of action against Nestle, brand ambassadors if Maggi fails FSSAI test
- Maggi noodles row: Case lodged against Amitabh Bachchan, Preity Zinta
The complainant claimed that he purchased Maggi from a shop at Lenin chowk of Muzaffarpur on May 30 and that he was taken ill after he ate it. This prompted him to file a case against Nestle, the maker of the noodles and the film stars who are the product’s brand ambassadors.
Lenin Chowk falls under Kazi Mohammadpur police station.
The case has been filed under IPC sections 270 (malignant act likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life), 273 (sale of noxious food or drink), 276 (sale of drug as a different drug or preparation) and 420 (cheating and dishonesty).