Actor Aamir Khan has expressed concern over the online leakage of Udta Punjab saying don’t let piracy win. The actor also urged people to watch the film only in theatres.
“Let’s support free speech. Let’s watch Udta Punjab only in theatres. Don’t let pirates and piracy win,” tweeted Aamir, who recently unveiled his muscular look in his upcoming film Dangal, a biopic on Indian wrestler Mahaveer Phogat.
Later in the day, Aamir, who was shooting for Dangal in Ludhiana, also welcomed the decision of the Punjab and Haryana High Court to clear the film.
Aamir Khan had also raised his voice in support of Udta Punjab against the censor board’s demanded 89 cuts in the film.
- Aamir Khan rejected Sanju as he didn’t want to play another older role after Dangal: Rajkumar Hirani
- Aamir Khan: My biggest strength as an actor is that I am not scared to fail
- Watch film ‘Udta Punjab’ in theatres, urges Bollywood
- If CBFC has leaked Udta Punjab, it’s a big shame: Aamir Khan
- Udta Punjab leaked: Kashyap asks downloaders to wait till Saturday
- Udta Punjab issue reflects badly on CBFC, voice of the filmmaker shouldn’t be throttled: Aamir Khan
“It’s very unfortunate. I’m pained that the film is going through this. As per my knowledge, it is based on drug addiction and delivers a social message. I don’t think there is anything that should be cut or audience should be kept away,” Aamir had said.
On Wednesday afternoon, it emerged that the Abhishek Chaubey directorial — which has been in news for the makers’ run-in with the censor board — was available on torrent sites for illegal download. However, soon the download links were “removed due to a copyright complaint”, the websites read.
Previously, Marathi film Sairat and Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer Manjhi: The Mountain Man were also leaked online which affected the overall business of the films.
Udta Punjab has been passed with A certificate and will hit the theatres tomorrow. The film stars Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor and Diljit Dosanjh in lead roles.