After successful movie adaptations of four of Chetan Bhagat’s novels, his latest creation ‘Half Girlfriend’ is also set for its transformation to the big screen. And rumour has it the ‘Dilwale’ duo – Kriti Sanon and Varun Dhawan – will star in the movie.
Ekta Kapoor, who will be producing the movie, has reportedly made up her mind to cast Varun Dhawan.
- Celeb spotting: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Varun Dhawan and others
- IIFA Awards 2018 performances: From Rekha’s ‘Salaam-e-Ishq’ to Karan Johar’s ‘Shava Shava’
- Arjun Patiala first look: Diljit Dosanjh, Kriti Sanon and Varun Sharma are ready to tickle your funny bones
- Before October, a look at Varun Dhawan’s last five box office performances
- Not doing ‘Half Girlfriend’, says Kriti Sanon
- Can’t wait to shoot with Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol: Kriti Sanon
Kriti Sanon was even present at the grand launch of the book, and since then rumours have been rife that she will play the lead role of Riya Somani in the big screen adaptation.
According to a report published in DNA, “Neither Varun nor Ekta are willing to talk about it at the moment. Ekta has a flurry of films in hand which she wants to finish before moving ahead with Half Girlfriend. Varun, too, has ‘Dilwale’ which releases this December.”
The movie, however, is still in its scripting stage and is slated to get started by June or July next year. It will be directed by ‘Aashiqui 2’ and ‘Ek Villain’ director Mohit Suri.
‘Dilwale’, in addition to Kriti and Varun, also stars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol and is being directed by Rohit Shetty.