After viewing some of the ‘Katti Batti’ prints, Aamir Khan who also happens to be the uncle of filmmaker Nikhil Advani’s lead actor Imran Khan, suggested that Advani rewrite some of the English dialogues in Hindi so as to create more of a connect with the audience.
Learning from his own personal experience, Aamir Khan felt that as the film consisted of a lot of dialogues in English, it would be better if some of the dialogues be translated in Hindi.
- Nikhil Advani’s experiment on ‘Katti Batti’ set
- Learnt from Salman Khan, Aamir Khan to present things clearly: Nikhil Advani
- Imran Khan talks about ‘Katti Batti’ co-star Kangana Ranaut and his live-in relationship with wife Avantika
- ‘Katti Batti’ had makings of a winner from first draft: Siddharth Roy Kapur
- Aamir Khan’s suggestion transformed ‘Katti Batti’: Nikhil Advani
- Nikhil Advani wants Aamir Khan’s feedback on ‘Katti Batti’
Talking about the same, Nikhil Advani said, “Aamir said a considerable chunk of the audience did not know that he had made a film called 3 Idiots (2009). The Hindi-speaking people thought the film’s name was ‘Aal is well’ (because of the catchy song in the film). They did not connect with the 3 Idiots title since it was in English. So, Aamir felt it was better to stick to Hindi so as to be able to widen our audience reach.”
Apparently, Imran Khan also had the same opinion as his uncle. “I used to request Nikhil on a daily basis to rewrite English lines in Hindi. He would then ask me to do it. If you want to reach out to a bigger audience,then it is important to have Hindi lines,” said Imran.
‘Katti Batti’ is all set to release in theatres on September 18.