Kareena, 34, and the “Haider” star dated each other for three years before separating in 2007. The 34-year-old actor is getting married to a Delhi girl, Mira Rajput, soon.
“I was aware about his marriage. Shahid had told me he is getting married. I am happy. Marriage is a beautiful commitment and I wish him all the best,” Kareena told PTI in an interview.
- Sonam Kapoor: I hope Veere Di Wedding brings about a change in the roles that are written for women
- Shahid Kapoor: Spontaneously decided to share pregnancy news on Instagram
- Jab They Met: Shahid Kapoor clicks selfie with Kareena Kapoor’s husband Saif Ali Khan
- Amrita Rao wishes Shahid Kapoor on his ‘asli vivah’
- IPL 8: When Saif Ali Khan praised wife Kareena Kapoor’s ex boyfriend Shahid Kapoor
- Shahid Kapoor confirms marriage rumours, but ‘refrains from getting into details’
When asked if she has any piece of advice for Shahid, Kareena, who has been married to actor Saif Ali Khan for three years now, said, “I am nobody to advise anyone.”
On attending Shahid’s wedding, if invited, she said, “Yes, I would.”
Before his wedding bells rang, Shahid was linked to a series of Bollywood actresses, including, Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra, Sonakshi Sinha, Nargis Fakhri, Bipasha Basu, Anushka Sharma and Huma Qureshi.
The former couple will be next seen in ‘Udta Punjab’, though they will not be seen romancing each other.
The film also featuring Alia Bhatt and Punjabi star Diljit Dosankh. It revolves around the issue substance abuse in Punjab.
“For us to come together in a film the script has to be good. There has never been a script. The script of ‘Udta Punjab’ required us. But we are not opposite each other, it is a three track film. My character is not romantically involved with him… We are part of the same drug drama,” she said.
“I am playing a doctor in the film. It is an amazing film… I loved the film. When Abhishek (Chaubey) was narrating me the film I found it brilliant. I wanted to be part of this film. I am sure people will talk about the film once it is released,” she added.
Kareena is happy with Shahid’s recent success post his highly-acclaimed Vishal Bhardwaj-directed “Haider”.
“I am happy for him. He is doing wonderful work… He is a good actor. I would love to work with him.”