Kangana Ranaut who has been on a high with back to back success of her recent releases, has apparently become very finicky about having her way with the projects she is working on. Last heard, she had even desired to co-direct ‘Rangoon’, however nothing was confirmed and the rumours soon died down. But, buzz is that Kangana, who has now become one of the most sought after actresses in the industry recently turned down a major production house that had offered her a big budget film.
Apparently, Yash Raj Films (YRF), who usually cast actors associated with their brand, were more than eager to cast Kangana Ranaut for their upcoming venture, ‘Sultan’ which would be their first project with the National Award-winning actress. In fact, the production house offered Kangana the Salman Khan starrer along with two other independent films for which she could quote her fees no holds barred.
- Kangana Ranaut on Sonu Sood leaving Manikarnika: He refused to work under a woman director
- Kerala floods: Kangana Ranaut donates Rs 10 lakh to CM Relief Fund
- Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari announces Panga with Kangana Ranaut and Neena Gupta
- Kangana Ranaut: As influencers, we need to break notions attached to mental health
- Kangana Ranaut keeps it chic and comfortable in this blush pink kurti
- Kangana Ranaut: I am someone who has broken most stereotypes
Following the offer, Miss Ranaut who has made it her prerogative to have a say in the progression of the film, accepted it putting all her demands in terms of price and script consultation which YRF agreed. However, later Kangana backed out when she realized that apart from remuneration she might not be able to dictate terms, especially with regards to her co-star Salman Khan. And hence rather than agreeing to play second fiddle to Salman, she decided to opt out of the film.
While the question remains whether it was Kangana’s inability to be able to call the shots for the film that really caused her to opt out, Kangana Ranaut made it clear that she is still open to doing films with YRF which she has communicated to Adi Chopra. But if the grapevine is to be believed, Salman Khan was not impressed with Kangana’s behaviour, as he believes the ‘Queen’ has become too big for her boots.