Yes, you heard it right. Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur has approached Kangana Ranaut to play the role of an 85-year old woman in his untitled next.
Confirming the same to The Indian Express.com, Kangana Ranaut said, “Shekhar has approached me to play an 85-year old. It is a very challenging project. We are still in talks. It is a very challenging role.”
When asked if it’s ‘Paani’ in which she will be playing the 85-year old, Kangana said, “No it is not Paani. It’s a different project.”
National award winning actress Kangana Ranaut, who is known for being versatile, said that she is looking forward to playing older roles including motherly characters.
Shekhar Kapur has been a huge admirer of a Kangana Ranaut and had lavished praise for her work in Queen. ‘Queen has a fresh golden heart, at the centre of which lies a fluid consistent n convincing performance by Kangana Raut,’ Shekhar had tweeted.
- Kangana Ranaut talks about physical fitness, pushing boundaries and more
- Kangana Ranaut: I am someone who has broken most stereotypes
- Kangana Ranaut is celebrating International Yoga Day in London
- Kangana Ranaut can’t wait to work with Anurag Basu after eight years
- Kangana Ranaut all praise for Raazi: Alia is the undisputed queen
- I was called an ‘interfering bitch’ for giving my inputs during shoot: Kangana Ranaut
It remains to be seen if Shekhar Kapur can finally convince Kangana to play an octogenarian.