We all agree that Kangana Ranaut is the Queen of Bollywood. The versatile actress has played a plethora of roles but her next is really out of the box — she is playing Praful Patel. The first look of the film landed on Wednesday and the method actor is in her elements once again.
But before we say more, here is Simran’s first look.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 7, 2016
The actress is being directed by Hansal Mehta (Aligarh) in the film. The film is titled Simran and is allegedly inspired by the life of an NRI nurse in the US, Sandeep Kaur. She was sent to prison last year for robbing banks to pay off her gambling debts.
While Hansal has kept mum on whether Simran deals with Sandeep’s life or not, he has us confused with the first look of the film. In here, Kangana has been introduced as Praful Patel. So if Kangana is Praful, who is Simran? And while we are it, why use the name of the former cabinet minister?
- Simran trailer: Kangana Ranaut is a kleptomaniac and gambler, but we totally love her. Watch video
- Kangana Ranaut vs Apurva Asrani: Simran producer says script would be released for world to judge
- Watch Simran teaser: Kangana Ranaut of Queen, Tanu Weds Manu is back. Will there be a twist in the tale?
- Kangana Ranaut a very unique person: Sohum Shah
- Kangana Ranaut has aged overnight and this is the reason, see pic
- Kangana Ranaut to play intense role in Simran
Produced by Bhushan Kumar and Shailesh Singh, Simran is scripted by Apurva Asrani. The film will start shooting in August in the US.