Sushmita Sen has always been famous for speaking her mind and choosing roles that no other actress would dare to do and continuing her legacy, she feels, is ‘Queen’ Kangana Ranaut, who recently won National Award for her 2014 release.
Talking about the newly crowned ‘Queen’ of Bollywood, Sushmita Sen says, “I think she is in a very different time than I was. She is pushing the envelope even more than I did. When I was pushing the envelope, it was a shocker. It was blasphemous and almost a suidice to do something like that.”
- Kangana Ranaut is celebrating International Yoga Day in London
- Kangana Ranaut can’t wait to work with Anurag Basu after eight years
- Kangana Ranaut all praise for Raazi: Alia is the undisputed queen
- Sushmita Sen recalls the incident when a 15-year-old boy tried to harass her
- Nora Fatehi on Dilbar song remake in Satyameva Jayate: I hope I match up to Sushmita Sen
- Sushmita Sen fails to impress in a Notte Marchesa monochrome number
In an interview to DNA, Sushmita says that everytime she is asked about which is the last film that sticks out in her head other than Sridevi’s ‘English Vinglish’, the answer is ‘Queen’. “It is one thing to push the envelope, and its another things to keep at it and follow it up. She has managed to do that. Also, the fact that she has such an openess about her that she just takes it all in and puts in into her film and allows it to just connect it with people,” she adds.
The former Miss Universe has shared screen space with Kangana in Anees Bazmee’s ‘No Problem’ (2010). She remembers her co-star and says, “I am very proud of her. Right from the time, I worked with her in my last Hindi film, No Problem, I was mesmerised by her. She is like this switch on-switch off button, a very alive person. God Bless her because this has been cumulatively coming for her. She has taken risks in the past and its finally paying off.”