Kalki Koechlin is garnering appreciation from all for her brilliant performance in the movie ‘Margarita With A Straw‘. The movie which has got a good word of mouth has earned Rs 2.12 crore in its opening weekend.
The movie, which revolves around a girl who is suffering from cerebral palsy, has touched everyone. It has also been picking up pace at the box office.
- Kalki Koechlin: You aren’t here to change the game but to create
- Don’t think I’ll get married again: Kalki Koechlin
- Kalki Koechlin: I don’t think I consciously try to be shocking or different
- Vidya Balan’s comment on ‘Margarita With A Straw’ was special for me: Kalki Koechlin
- Kalki Koechlin thanks audience for ‘Margarita, With A Straw’ success
- ‘Margarita With A Straw’ truly for Indian audience: Shonali Bose
‘Margarita With A Straw’ opened to Rs 50 lakhs on Friday. The collections grew to Rs 72 lakhs on Saturday and grew further to Rs 90 lakhs on Sunday.
The total first weekend collections of Margarita With A Straw are Rs 2.12 crore.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted:
#MargaritaWithAStraw Fri 50 lacs, Sat 72 lacs, Sun 90 lacs. Total: ₹ 2.12 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) April 20, 2015
It has been receiving an overwhelming response and all those who have watched the film have loved it.
Directed by Shonali Bose, the movie has also received accolades internationally as it traveled to numerous film festivals.