Actor John Abraham, who was once voted as the ‘Sexiest Actor in India’, says being sexy is not just about appearance but also about the way a person leads his life.
“I think sexy is not just about your being as in the way you look, sexy is also about the way you live your life…You do something good in life, that makes you look sexier,” John told IANS.
The “Dostana” star says it feels “nice to be appreciated and it’s nice to be voted as the sexiest actor”.
- Satyameva Jayate actor John Abraham: We should do something to make India safe for women
- John Abraham: As actor-producer, I want to change Indian cinema
- Nora Fatehi on Dilbar song: Nobody can beat Sushmita Sen, she is iconic
- For me, having a production house wasn’t vanity: John Abraham
- Expresso Season 2, Episode 5: Life is like a game of chess, says John Abraham
- Diana Penty: People told me ‘out of sight, out of mind’
In the upcoming actioner “Dishoom”, directed by Rohit Dhawan, John will be seen essaying a police officer named Kabir. He says the alphabet ‘D’ and the name Kabir have both “worked” for him.
“The alphabet ‘D’ definitely has been coincidental in my life with ‘Dhoom’, ‘Dostana’ and ‘Dishoom’… In these three films, my name is Kabir and I think somewhere down the line – there has been a Kabir attached to something that has worked for me… So I rate ‘D’ and Kabir highly,” John said.
John, who is also a film producer, believes a movie is “successful only if it is good and it’s not successful if it doesn’t connect with the audience.”
Having mostly featured in actioners like “Dhoom”, “Kaal”, “Force”, “Race 2″, ” Shootout at Wadala” and “Rocky Handsome”, one wonders why John picks movies in the genre.
Talking about it, he said: “Action is my favourite genre and I really enjoy it. Though I love comedy as well… So for me, an ideal genre would be action-comedy film.”
“I think ‘Dishoom’ has got the action in it with me (my character), it’s got the comedy in it with Varun (Varun Dhawan’s character) and me… I think it’s a very special film on that front,” he added.
“Dishoom” is slated to release on July 29.