Priyanka has donned the khaki uniform for the sequel of 2003 film “Gangaajal” for an intense and strong role. The film, which will release worldwide on March 4, 2016, also features actor Ajay Devgn, who was in the first movie as well.
“Much has changed in the last 13 years… When I made ‘Gangaajal’ 13 years ago, the dictum was that every society gets police that it deserves. But the scenario has changed since then. Today, the cops follow the dictum of ‘inaction is virtue and efficiency is crime’,” Jha said in a statement.
- Prakash Jha thought Priyanka Chopra won’t have time for ‘Jai Gangaajal’
- More ‘drama, dhishoom’ in second trailer of Priyanka Chopra’s Jai Gangaajal
- Jai Gangaajal was an amazing experience: Priyanka Chopra
- Prakash Jha: Hope Priyanka Chopra’s international fame helps ‘Jai Gangaajal’
- Prakash Jha wraps ‘Jai Gangaajal’, off on vacation
- Prakash Jha to play policeman in directorial ‘Jai Gangaajal’ starring Priyanka Chopra
“Jai Gangaajal” will revisit the dusty heartland of north India, examining the society-police relationship.
Written and directed by Jha, “Jai Gangaajal” has been produced by Prakash Jha Productions and Play Entertainment. It also stars Manav Kaul, Rahul Bhat, Murli Sharma and Ninand Kamath.