Veteran actor Jackie Shroff has thanked director Karan Malhotra for giving him a “solid” role in the movie ‘Brothers’, and says essaying the character was emotionally challenging.
“I’d like to say that it is a film made with a lot of heart. Throughout the 30 years in the industry, I’ve done several emotional roles, but this is the first in which he (Karan Malhotra) has extracted a lot of things (emotions) from my heart,” Jackie said here.
Describing the ‘Agneepath’ (2012) director’s style of working, Jackie said: “As a director, he’s from the old school, but still according to current generation. I’m thankful to him for giving me such a strong and solid role.”
- Bharat: Jackie Shroff to play Salman Khan’s father, director Ali Abbas Zafar confirms
- Jackie Shroff on acting, Tiger Shroff and upcoming projects
- Jackie Shroff on son Tiger’s success: I think the nation is giving him so much affection and love
- Sidharth Malhotra, Jackie Shroff happy with ‘Brothers’ response
- Role in ‘Brothers’ was challenging: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Akshay Kumar, Sidharth Malhotra’s ‘Brothers’ shoot over
Jackie says both of them have done “outstanding work” and and that he had a “great time” working with both of them.
In the movie, Jackie is said to be playing the role of a father to Akshay and Sidharth’s characters.