Kalki, 31, who shared screen space with Deepika in “Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani”, liked the “spirit” of the Homi Adajania-directed short video.
“It is a very good thing that she has done, going out and saying what your choices are. If a man goes out at night and leaves his home, nobody is going to ask him where he is going… If a woman does, you are going to ask her where she is going. So, in that vein, this is the spirit of the video.
“I am not saying that this is the only way to empower people but it is one step of showing that women can be on top, they can be in control of their life and can have the choice, as long as that choice comes with some responsibility and awareness,” Kalki told PTI.
- Deepika Padukone: My father has been a huge influence in my life
- Why question women, asks Kalki Koechlin
- Misunderstanding made ‘My Choice’ explosively viral: Homi Adajania
- Ashton Kutcher shares Deepika Padukone’s ‘My Choice’ video online
- Truly admire Deepika for the person she is: Homi Adajania
- Deepika Padukone’s ‘powerful’ video: I beg to differ
“My Choice”, released a few weeks back, got mixed reaction from the viewers, with some calling it elitist, while others praising it as a step in the right direction.
The “Margarita, With A Straw” actress feels the video has become a battleground for both the sexes, where feminists are misunderstood as “man-haters.”
“But what this video has become is this boys vs girls drama, like feminists are man-haters, this is a big disillusion because feminism means equality and men can be feminist too so I think it would be a great to do a video of my choice where there are both men and women,” Kalki said.